This list is inspired from Uses This / Interviews and the list at Mj blog . The hardware, software, services and tools I use at work, home and hobby.
- Macbook Pro 2016 - Work machine given by Kony.
- MacBook Air 13”: Got this in 2015. Works reliably even today. I was yearning for this since my first job, but could only afford it 3 years later.
- iPhone XR: Upgraded from 5S
- iPad + Pencil: It’s fun to sketch. And the iPad is my go-to device for video content consumption. Idea is to use this as my note taking and wire framing tool with the pencil.
- Apple Airpods 2: Best purchase of 2019. You see, I’m tied to Apple ecosystem :)
- Apple Watch series 3: I don’t see any good use with this except the calendar widget alerting me of upcoming meetings. May be I should start using the steps app.
- BenQ 27" IPS display - external monitor
- Logitech MX Master 2S wirelss mouse
- Amazon Echo Plus: Gift
- Amazon Echo dot: Gift
- Kindle reader 2014: I do not use this as often as I wish to. VFM.
- Bear Notes - for taking notes and blogposts in markdown
- Sketch - worth the $100 I spent on this. I use this to tweak / create mockups. Learnt using this tool by taking up a popular course at Udemy.
- Sublime text editor. Visual Studio Code too sometimes with heavy dose of plugins installed.
- Brave browser
- Lastpass extension - this seems buggy but I’m living with it
- Slack - Office communication + some other public workspaces (unofficed, remoteIndian, makerskitchen and InvertedPassion). I take notes in DM self during every meeting.
- Zoom - calls & meetings
- Camtasia 2018 - Video editor. I record screen using Quicktime player and edit raw screen recordings here. My office bought the license.
- Roamresearch - Note taking. Trying to use Zettelkasten note taking method
- iCloud storage subscription
- Overcast - For podcasts. I’m actively listening during commute
- Books - for reading. Books synced across my Mac & iPad
- Todoist - Started to use in 2020. So far, good.
Email Subscriptions & Reading
- The Ken (paid)
- Producthunt, hackernews, reddit and indiehackers forum
- Zerodha for trading
- Paisa vaisa and money control podcasts
- I’m exploring streak.tech and sensibull.com
Domains & Tech
- Google Firebase. For all backend & side hustle experiments. Sometimes DigitalOcean / Heroku
- Domains: name.com and namecheap. I hate GoDaddy for their dark pricing practices and the amount of upselling goes during the checkout flow. Avoid. I search for domain availability at iwantmyname.com Also subscribed to park.io to get alerts of cool expiring domain names.
- Carrd.co for landing pages. $20/year
- Wix.com for a simple website. It’s cheap! - Rs30/month
- Netlify.com - that’s where this blog is hosted. Free!
- Github for all my code repos. This blog is updated and committed to a GitHub repo through which netflify picksup, builds and publishes proactively.